Sunday, December 28, 2014

Book Review: The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan (Contains Spoilers)

Where the hell have you been? Who's asking? Probably no one. I'll share that story some other time. What's really important is that I'm back, and that this year I read 13 books. I may have read more, but I didn't count them, either way, I'm proud. One of the books that I just finished is Blood of Olympus. Yes I know, late to the party.

Anyway this is the last book of  the Heroes of Olympus series, and I didn't write reviews for the others, because I didn't have the blog when I read them. Now, let's get reviewing!
heroes-of-olympus-banner.png (700×335)


My Opinion:

I'm slightly disappointed, and I'm kind of angry because I didn't want to feel that way. I was expecting all of the characters to have their own POV (point of view) but we only had 5, and there was no Annabeth, or Percy. I was thrilled that they had Nico, and Reyna chapters, but I wanted more. Don't get me wrong, I love the other characters, especially Leo, but I wanted all of them in it. Also, that ending didn't satisfy me at all. It was cute, but I was expecting one of the 7 demigods to die. I don't count Octavian (as much as I liked him) as a death, because he wasn't in the prophecy. I don't believe that Leo is dead either. Another thing that bothered me is that it felt rushed. Every thing went too fast. I still enjoyed the book, and all their references, plus their sarcasm made me crack up. I'd probably give the book a 4 out of 5 stars. There was just something missing. I still enjoyed the book, just not as much as I hoped.

What's Going On: 

This is the last book of the Heroes of Olympus series. The seven demigods: Percy, Annabeth, Nico, Jason, Piper, Leo, and Reyna, must save the earth, from mother earth herself, Gaea. They all play a major role in the prophecy, and one of them is destined to die in the battle. Nico, Reyna, and Coach Hedge have to bring the Athena Parthenos back to Camp Half-Blood, to create peace between the Greeks, and the Romans. Hazel, Frank, and Leo go to the island of Delos to speak to Artemis, and Apollo, who have hidden from all the conflict. Leo finds out that he must use fire in order to win the war, which could mean his death. They must find the Physician's Cure, so he can still go back to Calypso. Jason believes that he must complete what he believes is his part of the prophecy: 'to storm or fire, the world must fall.' In order for Piper to fight, she must give into the fear. Percy, and Annabeth are still in somewhat of a shock from House of Hades. They don't try and talk about it too much.

Favorite Parts:

One of my favorite parts of the book is when Leo and Percy confront the goddess Nike, and they don't know how to summon her, so Percy says that if they promote Adidas, maybe she'll appear. Another favorite is when Leo doesn't know how to start a conversation with Percy, and in his head he thinks 'Catch that last episode of Doctor Who? Oh, right. You were trudging through the Pit of Eternal Damnation!' My last of many favorite moments of the book is when Nico tells Percy that he had a crush on him, and that he's over him, and he leaves, giving Annabeth a high five. I'm a sucker for comedy in moments of tragedy.

Bonus (reaction GIF):
Percy & Leo moments.

excited-baby.gif (500×254)
When Nico told Percy about his feelings!!! 
When Reyna and Hylla fought Orion.


Anyway, I wanted to finish off the year with a review, so here it is. I hope I do better next year, because this year wasn't my cup of tea. If I don't post anything before 2015, well then...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, MY DEARS!!

-FeatheryMoose1

No comments:

Post a Comment