Monday, October 27, 2014

TV Show Review: Teen Wolf Season 4 (Contains Major Spoilers)




Here we are, once again to review the fourth season of Teen Wolf. First let me tell you that I was pretty confused for most of the season, but I still enjoyed it. If I were to compare this season, with the last season, I would say that last season was way more intense, and badass. Season 4 was still a good season, but it wasn't at its best. Let the review begin!

What's Going On?

The 4th season begins in Mexico, after Derek has been taken away by these hunters, known as the Calavaras. Turns out, the Calavaras did not take Derek, they just wanted to meet Scott. The person who has Derek is Kate, who turned him back to his teenage years. This causes Derek to not remember anything, like Scott or the Hale fire. This will allow Kate to manipulate Derek into letting her go into the Hale loft and find a way to learn control. (BTW: I find the fact that the volt was under the school very cliche.) Peter finds Kate at the volt, they're about to fight, until a stranger comes in and takes 117 million dollars from the volt. We're introduced to new characters in the lacrosse team: Liam Dunbar, and Garrett. Kira also joins the lacrosse team, her fox powers really worked out. There's also a new assassin, the Mute, who tries to kill Liam, but Scott saves him, unfortunately he gives him the bite. Liam, of course, thinks Scott and Stiles are crazy, but he then begins to experience the same things Scott went through as a beta. Only Liam has I.E.D (Intermittent Explosive Disorder). Chris Argent comes back, and starts helping the pack again. We also find some more assassins like Garrett, and his girlfriend Violet. These assassins work for the Benefactor who is trying to kill every supernatural in Beacon Hills. There is a deadpool filled with names, and how much they are worth. Each on of these lists has a keyword. The first one was Allison, the second one was Aiden, and the third one was Derek, because banshees predict death, and Derek's death was predicted by Lydia.

We learn a little bit about Liam's past, why he was kicked out of his old school, Devenford Prep, and we meet an old rival Brett Talbot (played by Cody Saintgnue). Garrett, and Violet try killing Brett, but fail, and Violet tries killing Scott, but also fails. Deputy Parrish is also on the deadpool list. (DUN DUN DUN!) Garrett, and Violet both end up dying because of Kate. Lydia also has some attention this season, which I appreciate, and she and Meredith kind of bond. I mean Lydia does drive her insane, enough to kill herself, but then there's the plot twist.

Who is the Benefactor?

Well, I thought that it was going to be Scott's dad, because that would have been the coolest plot twist ever! But the Benefactor was Meredith. Honestly, I wasn't really pleased with that. I mean it was  shocking, but the whole, 'oh Peter Hale was crazy, and started talking about this deadpool, so I'm gonna do it', just didn't make any sense to me. I understand he wanted power but, it was confusing. Anyway, the Benefactor turned out to be a banshee, and it's kind of Peter's fault. The assassins keep coming out of nowhere, because now the Benefactor is giving the list to anyone, who is willing to kill for money. I thought this was a great concept because that happens in reality, people are always willing to kill for money, which isn't right. We do find out that the computer that had all the names of the people on the list was hidden behind the wall at Lydia's Lakehouse. They destroy the computer with a key that was in a wine bottle. The Benefactor is gone.
Bruh

'I've always been the alpha.' Peter Hale's Plan.

Peter Hale has planned to kill Scott, and take away the alpha in him, since season 3A. So it was not a big surprise that he was around this season. He is very violent this season, specially since Derek was losing his powers. His plan is to kill Scott, by making his friends do it, without realizing it. This plan is put into action in the season finale.


#ByeFelicia


The Big Plan (Finale)
my gif My art cry Teen Wolf Forgive me sorry not sorry stiles stilinski derek hale Scott McCall lydia martin im a failure SOBSOBSOBSOBS teen wolf season 4 you were all thinking the same thing WERENT YOU? omg i had to repost i forgot about GIF sizes spag art
In the finale, the pack, and Peter, go back to Mexico to save Scott and Kira from Kate. Lydia stays back at the school to look for something that belonged to Kira, so they can find her. Of course, a berserker appears at the scene, ready to kill Lydia. Liam calls Mason (played by Khylin Rhambo), to go to the school, and look for Lydia. Instead of finding Lydia, he encounters a Berserker. While all that is happening, Liam cannot control himself, Kira is beaten up by Berserker Scott, and all hell breaks loose. Once Liam is in control with the mantra 'the sun, the moon, the truth,' they all arrive, and Derek is 'killed.' They go inside the big church thing to find Berserker Scott, and they begin to fight. Peter extremely happy watches. Kira finds them, and tells Stiles about Scott, and they stop the fight. After some really corny moments between Liam, and Scott, about him not being a monster, but being a werewolf (I thought it was cute), Scott frees himself, and tells his friends about Peter's plan. Outside, Kate comes out ready to fight, when the Calavaras, Chris Argent, and Jordan Parrish, join in the fight. Braeden still trying to fight, looks out for Derek. Back in Beacon Hills, Mason and Lydia, try to get away from the Berserker, in which we see Lydia step up her badass game (with a baseball bat). The Sheriff ends up bombing the Berserker, and saving them. Meanwhile in Mexico, we have Scott and Peter, in a battle, fighting, and some very badass moves occur. Peter ends up losing. Back outside, just as Kate is about to win the battle, Derek swoops in, as a black wolf, and Kate runs away. Argent tries catching up, and they have a talk, Kate tries to blame the teens on Allison's death, but Chris knows better. Peter ends up in the Eichen House, with one eye wacko.


Opinion:

I'd give this season a 3 out of 5. It wasn't great. Most of the time I was confused, and it just wasn't season 3B. I enjoyed the season overall, it was pretty good, and they did have some plot twists, but it just didn't make sense. I'm hoping Jeff Davis steps up his game in season 5.


Meh.

Hopes For Next Season:

Next season I'm hoping for some Marrish (Lydia & Parrish), and I don't even care if it's just friendship. I also hope that Parrish is a phoenix, because all the signs lead to that, or some kind of dragon dude. I want more Briam (Brett & Liam), because they must be friends, specially after that scene in the locker room. I just want a better season. I need more action.

I don't have any info on when the 5th season is coming out, all I know is that it's only coming out next year. :( Honestly I don't know how I'm surviving. Til then I'll just wait...

This post is actually super late, so I sorry. 

-FeatheryMoose1

No comments:

Post a Comment