Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Coming to a Close



I hope everyone is having a great New Years party. Whether you are at home with family, or having fun with friends, I hope this was a good year for everyone. I'd say 2014 was an alright year. It had its ups and downs, but it's almost over, and soon everyone (if not already) will get a new canvas to paint on. I want you, whoever is reading this to do me a favor.

Don't forget the things that have happened this past year. That would be foolish, giving the fact that we learn from our past. I know bad things have happened, and it hurts thinking about it, but sometimes you become so familiar with the pain that it becomes a normal feeling. Remember the good things that happened, even the smallest things can help reach your goal. It's been a difficult year for me, I'm not even spending the New Year with my siblings, the people I love the most. But if I want to start fresh, then I guess this will have to do.

Also, don't create some silly New Years resolution that you know isn't going to get done. Make small goals for yourself, one baby step at a time. I tried to do everything at once, and it went in flames. Now all that's left is the ashes, and I know what to do. I'm sure this line has been used before, but I'm going to rise from the ashes. You should too. Whether you want to read more, write, work out more often, travel, don't let something small get to you. Don't give up so easily, try things on your own. Be who you are, and do what you want to do.

I honestly don't know what's coming for me this year. Beginning of last year I decided to create this blog, because I wanted to write. By the end of the year, I wasn't so sure what I wanted to do, I still don't really know. One thing I do know is that I'm going to keep writing, because I enjoy it, and even though I constantly doubt myself, and my abilities, I can't stop. I won't stop. You can have no idea what you want to do, and that's okay. You're not a nobody because you can't decide, or because the decision didn't come as easy to you as others. You want to do so much, you don't know where to start. Take it slow. Live a little.

Right now, I'm in my aunt's guest room typing this because I felt the need to do it. Maybe it was more to reassure me, that things can be taken slow, and you don't have to do everything, but I want other people to know as well. You are not alone, and so many things, great things, are coming your way. Don't let the bad ones take over.

Some good things that happened to me in the year would be that I got to climb a giant mountain, with water cascading down, just to go to a beach. It was terrifying, but totally worth it. The second thing is that I learned that quitting is okay. I quit soccer, because I realized that I wasn't enjoying myself, and I felt like crap. A few other good things that happened this year were: realizing that I was a feminist , me wanting to help people, do some real good in the world (I'm starting to sound like Oliver Queen), and I also took notice that I really enjoy fondue. The bad things still linger around, but I don't care. I want to be happy, which is difficult.

Thank you for being with me for a whole year, and I hope everyone enjoys the next!
happy new year banner

-FeatheryMoose1

No comments:

Post a Comment