Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Book Review: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (Contains Spoilers)

We're back to our lovely book reviews. Now, I know I should have reviewed Power Play by Danielle Steel, but I wasn't sure if I should. If you want me to review it, just comment! Anyway, I finished reading Fangirl, because everyone was reading it, and saying how accurate it was to their lives, so I decided to read it as well. Also, I heard there was fanfiction. Where there's fanfiction, there's this girl. I decided to lay things out differently, so it makes more sense. (Sorry for the ramble!)

My Opinion: 

Let me tell you how excited, yet terrified I am of the college life, because of this book. Cath just wanted to be in her dorm room all day, writing fanfiction about Simon and Baz (fictional characters from another book series). Her twin sister, Wren, wanted to make friends and be all on her own. I enjoyed the friendships in this book. Levi and Cath, Cath and Wren, Cath, and Raegan, and Levi and Raegan. I would say I like Nick, but he's a douche, and I hate him. Either way, this book was funny, adorable, and sometimes sad, but it was great. Totally recommend.

What Happens:

As I said before, this book is about two girls, Cath and Wren, who are about to experience their freshman year of college. For Wren, it's great knowing that she's going to be on her own, making new friends, going to parties, getting drunk, and having fun. Cath on the other hand, ins't so excited. Cath spent her whole life with Wren, had the same friends, went to the same parties, shared the same room. Now that she has a new roommate, whose ¨boyfriend¨ keeps waiting for Cath in the hall, she is terrified. In the beginning, she doesn't really talk to her roommate, and she always tries to call her sister. In her class, she is the only freshmen, in a class full of juniors. She also spends most of her time writing her Simon Snow fanfiction 'Carry On.' Cath also worries about leaving her father alone, with no one to help him. She also talks to this guy in her class, Nick, who only likes to talk about words. Plus, her professor doesn't believe in fanfiction (DUN DUN DUN!!) Anyway, she and Wren start drifting apart, and she starts to hang around her roommate more often and her roommate's boyfriend. Of course there are many bumps in the way throughout the book, but I have decided I will let you read the book instead.

Favorite Part:

I definitely enjoy family drama, so I'm gonna go with the part where Wren is in the hospital when she got sick from drinking too much alcohol, Cath goes to visit and her mother is there, and they have this whole argument because their mother is about to leave Wren, and doesn't want to have anything to do with them. I also enjoy all the scenes with their father,  so much bonding.

Conclusion: 

5 out of 5 stars. Great contemporary book!

Bonus (Reaction Gif):
I think this should be my stamp of approval
Cath & Levi
-FeatheryMoose1

  

No comments:

Post a Comment