Friday, July 18, 2014

Top 5 Favorite Books

Since I'm always doing book reviews, and TV series season reviews, I decided to do my top 5 favorite books. Also because I didn't feel like doing the review for Power Play by Danielle Steel. Sorry not sorry. Let's enjoy books!

1. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz

Ever since I read this book, I knew this was going to be number one for me. I literally read this book three times. It's so cute, and sad, and funny, I couldn't handle all the feels. I am hoping to read some of Benjamin's other works, because I hear they are really good.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe is funny, sad, and it explains what teenagers go through, drugs, sex, friendships, and discovering themselves. Truly amazing, I must say. I did make a review for this book back February, if you wanna go check it out.








2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak 

I don't think I've every cried so much because of a book. Even though they tell you what happens right in the beginning, like who dies, it still hurts, when it actually happens.  I remember coming to school, and my English teacher asking me how it was, and I almost started crying, because I was still emotional from it. I have not read any other works from Markus.

The Book Thief is set in Nazi Germany, narrated by Death, and it's about what happens during the time of the Holocaust, and what a book can do to a little girl. Dead parents and brother, new parents, and new friends, Liesel reads, makes a friend who is kind of like her, and she discovers the universe that is just mad. I also made a review for this book, and it was actually my very first book review. (FLASHBACKS FROM 'NAM)


3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Ah, yes, one of the brilliant works of the infamous John Green had to be in my top 5. I believe I read this book twice. Once, when it came out, and the second time was around Christmas, because I felt like reading it again. I have read another one of his books, Looking For Alaska, which I enjoyed as well. I only cried the second time, because I paid more attention to the details, as for the first time, I kind of just zoomed past it.

This lovely book is about a girl, Hazel, who thinks that there is nothing else she can do in life, because she has cancer. Then there's the boy, Augustus, who wants the world to remember him for something great, not cancer. They meet, they fall in love, and they make each other great. I have not written a review for this book, I am so sorry.

4. The Outsiders by S.E Hinton (AKA: The lady who watches Supernatural. AKA: My queen)

Honestly, the first time I heard about this book, I thought I was going to hate it. Somehow it became, one of my favorite books. I fell in love with all the characters, I literally felt their pain, and I cried like a baby. 'Stay gold Ponyboy, stay gold.' I haven't gotten around to reading it again because I'm trying to read books I haven't read, which is difficult.

The book is about the two groups, The Greasers, and The Socs (Socials). Basically, the Greasers are the poor gangsters group, and the Socs are rich douchebags. The lesson being that not all greasers are poor, and  gangsters, who walk around with shotguns, and not all Socs are rich douchebags. Sometimes you just gotta sit down and watch the sunset. I have written a review for this book, just so you know.

5. Divergent by Veronica Roth

Every time someone says Divergent, I always think about the fact that I read this whole book on Thanksgiving Day. I don't have time for American football, and socializing. Anyway, I don't think I've ever loved a female character so much, since Harry Potter, and Maximum Ride. Another badass book about a dystopian world.

Divergent is about a girl, Beatrice, who has to make a choice of staying, or leaving her family forever. Down the road she discovers that she does not belong in just one faction. She is divergent. In a dystopian world, that is frowned upon many. I have not made a review for this book. Oooops.

Hope you enjoyed my top 5 favorite books! What are some of your favorite books?



-FeatheryMoose1

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Delia! I am so happy to see that your blog is coming along well. Keep up the good work! I nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check out my post here to find out what you need to do: http://girlwritesreviews.blogspot.com/2014/08/id-like-to-thank-blogosphere.html#more

    ReplyDelete