Sunday, February 9, 2014

Book Review: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz (Contains Spoilers)

Hello, once again, my darlings. So I started reading this book last night, but then I decided to save it for today, and it was totally worth it. I never really read a book about people being lesbians, or gay, or anything else besides straight. I mean yes I read fanfiction all the time, but this was different. And it was worth the wait.




This book with a really long title that I don't feel like typing is about two boys, Aristotle and Dante, who have a hard time fitting in, until they meet each other. They know that they're so different, yet they are the same in a way. And they go through everything together, and it all so real.



My Opinion!

Love this book! Absolutely adored it. I'd never read a book like this, and I'm super happy that this was the first book I read. I tear up during the sad scenes, I squealed at the cute ones, and I laughed when they had their funny moments.

Favorite Part?

I had a few favorite parts. The first one was when Aristotle and Dante first met at the pool and Dante asks Ari if he wants him to teach him how to swim, and I just thought it was totally like a fanfiction. My second favorite is the accident in the rain. I know it's a sad part but just the fact that Ari did that for Dante, and when people were telling him he was a hero, Ari would just say he didn't mean to save Dante, but he totally did. My third favorite moment is when Ari's dad, and Ari are driving to Aunt Ophelia's house and they have that moment, and his dad just tells him everything that happened during the summer he was with his aunt and why he was there. It's just so emotional, and Ari's just like 'I'm sorry I didn't know.' My fourth and final favorite part is the end when Ari kisses Dante and tells him he loves him. It was all so sweet and fluffy!!!!


Benjamin Alire Saenz!

I really liked how he made Aristotle. I felt really connected to him in the sense of I'm boring or I have nothing ahead of me. This book made me realize that these feelings I've been having might not be a phase. Which also reminds me that Ari's mom thinks that people go through phases, and I somewhat agree. but I also don't. But then again, what do I know? Anyways, I just felt that I understood what Ari was saying, and what he meant by it. But I also really like how he made Dante. Dante was likable but he still felt like he didn't belong. I understand that in so many ways.

Conclusion!

This book is freaking awesome and if you haven't read it you should, and if you have read it comment on what you thought of it. What was your favorite part? Toodles!

-FeatheryMoose1

No comments:

Post a Comment