Saturday, February 8, 2014

Book Review: "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak (Contains Spoilers)

Hello!! So today I finished ready the fantastic, absorbing, life-changing book called "The Book Thief." If you've never read this book then I will explain to you what it's about.

The Book Thief is about a girl, Liesel Meminger who is about to go to meet her new foster parents, Hans and Rosa Hubberman, and on the way to their house her brother dies, leaving Liesel all alone. When Liesel and her mother are at the burial of Liesel's brother, Liesel sees a book, and she takes it. And this is where it begins. The end.



My Opinion!

I really like the fact that the book was in Death's prospective. I feel like it made it more interesting as I was reading the book. I have to say that even though many characters die and I cried a lot, it wasn't like a sad ending. I mean it wasn't like all happy like a romance novel or those kid adventure books, but it didn't make me cry tears of sadness, but tears of joy. 

Favorite Part?

I'd to say that my favorite part is when she starts writing her own book and guess what it's called? THE BOOK THIEF!!! I really enjoyed how she wrote it. I also liked when she sees her foster mother, Rosa, hugging her husband's accordion and crying. I was so used to see tough Rosa, always complaining, and then I read that scene and I just started crying. It was fantastic.

Markus Zusak!

The book I have was a collector's edition, so it had the drawings Max does, and Markus Zusak's original sketches. When he was talking about Liesel, he said that a lot of people ask him if Liesel is based off his mother, and he said no. He said that Liesel became her own character, and that he was lucky to have a character like Liesel. 

Conclusion:

If you have not read this book yet, you should definitely go find it. It's absolutely fantastic!
Toddles!

-FeatheryMoose1

No comments:

Post a Comment