Friday, March 21, 2014

Book Review: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (Contains Spoilers) + News

News/Info

Hello guys. Alright, I finally updated my column for "Books I'm Reading", because I've finished the "Call of The Wild" and I finished "A Thousand Splendid Suns" a couple of weeks ago. I also finished Attack On Titan, which I will talk about later.

Actual Review!

What It's About:

This novel was about the friendship between Mariam and Laila. It begins telling the story about Mariam, then it tells the story about Laila, and finally, it tells the story of the two women together and their friendship. This book as four parts. This book talks about how Mariam wants to be with her father and doesn't believe anything her Nana says about her father being mean, and not loving her. Mariam meets up with her father and he says she has to marry this man she's never met, and Mariam goes through this horrible, hard life with her husband Rasheed, who is not the nicest. Throughout the book we find out about Laila and her story, and how she and Mariam meet and become good friends.

File:A Thousand Splendid Suns.gif
My Opinion:

Let me start off by saying that this book made me cry. Like Dean Winchester's one perfect tear crying. The way Hosseini made the characters interact, how accurate the book was to what happened in real life, in the sense of how women and children were treated. The heartbreak of a mother who cannot give birth to a living child. Plus, it also shows the fact that the way you are raised does affect you in the future, just like how Mariam kind of became like her Nana. In this novel, I also noticed how finding out the truth, and losing someone can affect your future as well. Basically, this piece of work taught me a lot.

Favorite Part:

Jesus, where do I even begin? I like how Mariam decided to get executed and made Laila go and live her life with her children. Rasheed's death pleased me, specially since it was Mariam who killed him. My absolute favorite would be when Mariam and Laila start becoming friends, and Mariam starts helping Laila take care of her child, since she couldn't give birth to one of her own. :( But I like their friendship during the book.

Conclusion:

READ IT!! This book is fantastic. A+++ for writing style, characters, figurative language, the lessons! Everything was amazing and sad, and I felt every emotion the characters felt. It gave me many feels.

Bonus (Reaction Gif):


-FeatheryMoose1

No comments:

Post a Comment